I am in the process of coming up with a curriculum for making jeans. I’ve been trying to fit it in between the many projects I’ve been working on. Here are some resources that have come in handy. Next month I should have reviews of the three patterns that I plan on working with.
Articles and Books which have come in handy:
- “Everyone Can Have Jeans that Fit”, Sandra Betzina, Threads Magazine February/March 2004
- “Adjusting Pants from the Waist to the Seat”, Joyce Murphy, Threads Magazine, December/January 2006
- “The Basics”, Sharon Riggs, Sew News, December 2004
- “The Perfect Jeans for Your Plus-Size Figure“, India-Jewel Jackson, Ladies’ Home Journal (LHJ.com), July 2006
- Cut and Fit: Are Low Rise Jeans a Fit or a Style?
- “Making Patterns from Finished Clothes”, Rusty Bensussen, 1985
- “Pants Tips and Techniques”, Barbara Weiland, Sew News, May 2003.
- “Copy Your Favorite Pants”, Blossom Jenab and Kate Rittenhouse, Threads Magazine, April/May 2000